Thursday, March 30, 2017

MY POEMS OF OMAN: Heaven is Under Her Feet

HEAVEN IS UNDER HER FEET

"Heaven is under your mother's feet!"
The shorta says to me,
"Just give it some time and be a good girl,
Say that you're sorry, you'll see."

Yes, I blew breath in her face,
That was a mistake, I yield.
But I fought off her steel knife with only
A wooden spoon for my shield,

And had her hands around my neck,
Squeezing 'till I saw the stars!
So I kicked and broke a couple ribs:
My old cradle, now my prison bars.

A mother is the darkest jail. You can't escape
Her even when you're out. Allah put care of you
To her, and see. That debt you cannot pay.
So if she needs, what you can, you must do.

So if she needs money I get it,
If she needs friends, I find those no doubt.
And if she were ever ill I would tend her
But beyond that, good Sirs, I am out.

Insanity is doing the same thing
Over and over, expecting different results.
And I am done with crazy.
Islam is not one of those  'suffering' cults.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to this one ukhti <3

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) said...

Thank you anon, people always make me feel like maybe there is something a little bit wrong with me;) for things being wrong with my mother.