Sunday, April 17, 2016

DIY projects for decorating (and fashion) using tassels

I have always been a huge fan of embroidered thread tassels trimming the edges of towels.... I admit, I have yet to purchase such a set of towels, or make a set for myself in a DIY project... but you never know... one day. They remind me of the middle east, and especially Morocco...
Another look I love is tassels tied to keys... I plan to do this soon. Oman has so many charming tassels in stores for trims where they also more popularly sell abaya crystals and laces and what not... so even for small boxes like a jewelry box or a locking dresser, there is a tassel for the key. I am still looking for the perfect tiny tassel for our tea box...
Extra large chunky yarn tassels look great on blankets and throws, and even on rugs... Again, not a DIY project I have personally done but I've seen this DIY done by others and done well.
 So, tassels for towels...
Tassels for blankets and rugs... Below, a few guides on how to make your own basic tassels (they are so easy!!!!!):
 Tassels to tie towels... (that is something I should try):
 Tassels to trim a shower curtain... why not? It looks kind of like an OPNO girl DIY project;).
 Tassels for no reason whatsoever, hanging from hinges...
 Zara pom pom edged towels (they have the same in tassels but I didn't find a picture!):
...A DIY I have done, albeit using a grey striped linen pillows, with black and maroon yarn tassels for a bedu look, is the tassel edged pillow, perfect for beginner tassel makers. Apparently this is the most pinned tassel project on pinterest;)... I bet because it is sooooo easy.

There are also a million tutorials on how to make tassel necklaces and earrings!
And maybe if you have edged an exorbitant amount of throws or blankets with tassels you might want a tassel be-decked basket to stow them in? I dunno, if you have a cat though say goodbye to that basket ever so quick....
 Myself, I need to do DIY project on a pair of sandals, using some tassels.
Or an abaya, inspired by these dresses:
Though this top is just so sophisticated and gorgeous... wear it with wide legged linen trousers for Oman, and a leather skirt for Paris;):

1 comment:

Arab Loan said...




Do you need a Loan?
Are you looking for Finance?
Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
I think you have come to the right place.
We offer Loans at low interest rate.
Interested people should please contact us on,
For immediate response to your application, Kindly
Reply to us. Email arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com


LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
Interested.
1) Full Name:.........
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com