Monday, March 21, 2016

Laundry Machines, Oman, and Me: I guess one of us is cursed or got the evil eye

I am hand-washing again. My laundry machine broke, again. I don't know what it is about Oman, but it seems I need a new laundry machine every other year. It seems especially like, when I'm about to get a new baby (where spit up means more clothes-changes than ever) my laundry machines decide to die. I don't know... in Canada, I never heard of a washing machine that didn't last at least 6 years. Every one I ever had was 10 years old and still going...

I am thinking of buying an old fashioned washboard off of e-bay, seriously. Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

And if you don't, what brand and model of washing machine do you have? Where'd you buy it?

Because I don't know if it is the water, or like, I don't know,  the home appliance industry in Oman is like Oman's auto industry, where fake parts are the norm, but laundry washing machines just do not last for me....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which brand do you have? A Miele is excellent and has warranty. I think the water in the gulf is horrible. Full of chlorine and junk, so it probably wears down the machines quickly. Try a filter for your machine as well.

JeanineMartin said...

I really like your good infomation,Thanks and please keep sharing it with us.

HP Oman

Sal Bos said...

we must have been lucky,, we bought our washing machine in saudi almost 25 years ago.. brought it with us to our home in states and it is still going strong,,, hope i dont give myslef the eye,, mashallah,, its going strong,, :)