Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tomorrow is the start of the long weekend! YAY!!!!

Thursday of this week (tomorrow) has been declared a holiday so we start a long weekend here in Oman. I ponder the perfect weekend for myself. I have been working and travelling a lot of late so a perfect weekend for me is...
 Staying home...with...
 ...Cool (and clean;) ) floors on warm bare feet...
 ...Curtains... letting in some light...with a good book...
...or a new stack of Interior Design magazines...
...or a coffee table book or two to puruse through (preferrably on Omani textiles or Yemeni architecture)...
...or a good novel I haven't read yet...
...yes, for sure, just staying home...
...Kids, playing on the grass...
 ..short walks in shaded courtyards for absoultuely no other reason but to smell the jasmine....
..early morning swim...and midnight, quite possibly, if no good movies are on TV.
...perfectly clean kitchen... because we ate out every day or barbecued outside...
 ...coffee... in the morning... because I want to... not because I have to...preferably...
...accompanied by a light Qu'ran listening session and a long long time on pinterest without interuption.
...long luxurious baths...
...with new soaps from "Leather and Lather" I recently purchased in Avenues Mall.
..And since this is my daydream ideal weekend, I'd sail away at the end of it, into a gorgeous sunset, to the middle of nowhere, wind in my... hijab;). And then I'd have an adventure, since I'd be relaxed enough for it. However, in Oman it is back to work on Saturday, so... until then we can daydream.

1 comment:

R said...

Inshaallah you enjoy your weekend and get some quality time in :)