Monday, October 26, 2015

DAILY DIARY: Pink Tea at the Hyatt, and Annual Oman Cancer Association Walk at Al Qurum Park

On the daily diary of events I intend to attend this month, as I’ve already blogged, is the Pink Tea at the Grand Hyatt. The event takes place Wednesday October 28th from 3pm-8pm. I will attend around 4 pm. The cost per person is under 10 omr, partial proceeds of which go to the Oman Cancer Association.

Also, (thanks Muscat Mutterings) the 12th Annual Oman Cancer Association walk takes place tomorrow (Tuesday October 27th) in Al Qurum Park starting at 4pm and going until 6pm. It is a short walk, just 2km, and there will be a play area for kids, a food court, and photo booth. If I can escape in time for work from it, I’ll bring my kids. T-shirts are being sold for 3.5 omr, the proceeds of which go to the Oman Cancer Association.
For more information on the events and efforts of the Oman Cancer Association, please see their  facebook page here .
I remember back home in the land far and away, we'd have a Pink Hijab Day for awareness, and even the Muslim guys in the Muslim Student's Association would get into it. ;) with their pink polo collar all a 'popped and wearing lotsa scarves;): http://www.cbcf.org/bc/GetInvolved/findinghopeblog/Pages/Global-Pink-Hijab-Day.aspx

No comments: