Wednesday, July 1, 2015

In the land far-and-away, on their National Day

My last post resulted in some responses, and I guess I used to care about government.. in fact once I tried out a life in politics. Serriously. Wasn't me. There's still holes in parliament carpet from my stillettos. Not exaggerating. But happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian expats in Oman. I spent my Canada day long weekend at the Lt. Governor of Canada's (or some province) house (ironically-this was the last place I visited while deciding politics wasn't for me over tea and cucumber sandwiches). I came for rose gardens, but wound up in the ballroom which I'd never seen). I guess if you take citizenship they have a swearing-in ceremony here? As far as I know, Oman's interior ministry has nothing of the kind...

No comments: