Saturday, July 18, 2015

Eid Mubarak Oman

Eid Mubarak Oman, may this holiday be safe from crazy drivers, odd weather, and may it also have a dose of peace amid the chaos of too much meat and fruit and nuts and coffee and guests. Allah help us all, ameen. This Eid I am thankful, that I do not know violence, that I do not know suppression or oppression, and nor do my children, and all of these have their health. I pin pictures of dream homes and dream vacations, while some people cling to memories of lost children or spouses, sift through the rubble of houses, dream of education or refridgerators or food. I am very thankful for every blessing, and wish we could all want for others what it is we want for ourselves.

Eid Mubarak Oman, country that I love. I dearly, dearly miss you, as great as it is to have a break from village Eid;)

No comments: