Sunday, December 7, 2014

HOUSE UPDATE: so yeah, the baladiyia said...

So seeking finalaization of our house plans, apparently, although they were initially 'approved' it seems they are not.

Although we were told that we could build up to 60% of our land, apparently that is only if one is building a single villa. For a twin villa one is only permitted by law to build 50%.

Which kind of makes me scratch my head (like laws about where stairs can go and how many domes one can put on their roof) since such laws have nothing to do with safety or aesthetic...

However, as we are buidling in the plan only 52.5% they may make an exception?: again, weird. Why say no then? Why is there a chance of yes?

And if no, where to shave of that 2.5 square meter from in the plan?

Ugh.

So we are not even to the 'digging the foundation stage'.

I just KNEW this would take FOREVER.

...And my landlord raised the rent for the new year. She's really nice but I had planned.... oh well. I love Oman. I can suck it up.

2 comments:

MaiOman said...

Building a house here has been the most frustrating thing I have ever done and also the most rewarding. Having gone over schedule by a full year and lots of after build fixes it's still not complete. Washing dishes in the laundry room utility sink, still living out of suitcases and boxes, and loads of repairs and painting on a new house makes for the memories that will make this place a home. Hang in there. It's worth it when your done.

Hebah Dwidari said...

God Help you, that sounds immensely frustrating,