Saturday, September 6, 2014

OOTD+abaya: polk-a-dots & pearls + visiting family

 I love polk-a-dots. You could say I am addicted to them. So even if I find a really cheap 8 OMR abaya at the Exhibition (in polk-a-dots) I buy it. Who cares if the tailor sewed two connecting pieces of fabric together because he was too cheap to use a whole piece of fabric in a wider length? Who cares if the chiffon is poly-crap?---Not me, certainly, if it is done in dots. Now, of course, my Omani husband, who comes from a more conservative family (some of them believe plain black is the only way for an abaya to be an abaya) doesn't like head-to-toe printed abayas (even something so conservative to me as a splash of white dots on black). However, when my family was visiting back a couple months, this particular abaya was perfect. My father doesn't like the whole-abaya-and-hijab thing about my converstion to Islam very much, and prefers me in colours and prints. So polka-a-dots it was... especially since my little sister and father packed me back some of my old wardrobe... including vintage furs and 1930s polk-a-dot dress I wore underneath of my front-open polk-a-dot print abaya for a day out in Mutrah/Old Muscat visiting Museums and galleries, and strolling around Riyam park (for the two-year-old). {the photos weren't taken for an outfit-of-the-day post, and are thus cropped family photos so forgive, but that particular abaya is long gone now... and the other day I was missing it soooooo;) }

4 comments:

StylishMuslimah said...

I really like this abaya :) x

Julie NZ said...

Love the polka dots. Saw a girl in Carrefour checkout with partly dotted Abaya. She looked wonderful. Love the style creeping into Abaya world.

Anonymous said...

Lovely !

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) said...

StylishMuslimah: Thanks, I love all over prints. If i was back in Canada I'd wear them allllllllllll the time.

Or maybe not;). I like plainblack with heavy accessories too...

Julie NZ: Sounds pretty. I wish it was ok to take street style photos of Omani girls in pretty awesome abayas but it really isn't....

Anon: Thanks.