Monday, November 4, 2013

Beautiful wallpapers inspired by historical Islamic art periods

I really love the wallpaper collection by Martyn Lawrence Bullard for Schumacher's. Above pictured: Sinhala Sidewall in Jewel from the Summer 2013 collection. Very MiddleEastern fairytale garden fantasy.
 I am a fan of Iznik pottery so the above blues make me want a bathroom in these tones.
 But of course, nothing is nearly so dramatic as a Mughall panel behind a desk ina home office....
Or maybe a Victorian-era take on Iran? from http://bradbury.com/victorian/persian_ceiling_ap.html:

3 comments:

Albie said...

LOVE THEM ALL! <3

Paintbrushes and Pedicures said...

They are beautiful, I love this style of Islamic art. I think you've added to my art lessons!! In my year 5 Art we are going to be looking at William Morris in a few weeks, who had a similar style...floral, repeating pattern etc. I'd like to link it to the Islamic style too seeing as the kids are in an Islamic country!
Hope you're all ok.
X
(Ex Mitchells in Oman ;-) Now Paintbrushes and Pedicures!)

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) said...

Albie: me too!

Paintbrushes and Pedicures: now that's where you went ! I love Morris. I am a pre-raphaelite fan. My father used to have a bunch of old wallpaper framed and hung as a kid. Where I grew up the decor was very Victorian so the influence of Morris is something one can never escape.