Saturday, April 6, 2013

New Weekend Timings for Oman to take Effect May 1st

The government of Oman has decided to change our weekends from the thurs-fri they currently are, to fri-saturday starting May 1st.  Which is still weird, since the majority of the world is sat-sun [AT LEAST WE'LL BE THE SAME AS uae]. I don't know, it doesn't really satisfy anybody. But I guess compromise is like that, no one gets what they want ha ha.

That also means we will have a 6 day work week one of these days, unless the government affords a holiday. I am sure many employees will take the 6th day an an unofficial holiday anyways. I know I will.

4 comments:

Arun said...

What about May 2 2013? Whether we have to work for 6 days? Or Govt. will give one day leave ??

Crazy in Kuwait said...

When I first moved to Kuwait it was Thurs-Fri and they changed it to Fri-Sat don't worry you will get used to it.

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) said...

Arun: I am pretty sure there will be a day off.

Crazy in Kuwait: I am not worried about it really I just... think it is a silly change. But maybe good for banking ect?

Arun said...

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet):Ministerial decision As per the Council of Ministers' statement on shifting holidays for both private and public sectors from Thursday and Friday to Friday and Saturday from May 1 onwards, the employees have to work for six days continuously in the last week of April and in the first week of May. As the new decision will come into effect from May 1 only, an employee will have to work from April 27 till May 2..
http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-12702.aspx