Thursday, February 9, 2012

I LOOOOVE ETSY: Moroccan Stencils

I am a hardcore DIY addict. Which is a somewhat rare and dying personality among the women I have been aquainted with in Oman. Though I did just see a special on OmanTV2 on a school for Omani women where they learn engraving and embossing, and THEIR work looked just incredible. I don't like to spend money if I don't have to when I can make something just as gorgeous for less money with a little effort. Or reuse something I already have a breathe new life into it. So I just discovered these Moroccan Stencils on Etsy. I am sooooo going to use them when I have the time and money to do a makeover. No, I cannot afford inlaid walls and panelled ceilings. But I can fake it with the best of them;XD thanks to this webpage http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=Moroccan+stencil&view_type=gallery&ship_to=OM and the Royale Designs featured there. I know these are Morrocan designs but Omanis have always traditionally painted their ceilings and my ceilings are so ugly right now, and not to mention boring, so inshaAllah, someday soon...

4 comments:

Leigh B. said...

Ohh man!! I'm a huge DIY fan as well :) Those stencils are so lovely, masha'Allah! I just might have to get some, too.

Modestly Me said...

i love them , i have a whole bunch in my etsy list! <3

Boxie said...

Love some of the stencils.

Aliyah said...

and i think i confused ur post with something else. sorry :) i read ur article from work and today was a very busy day but me being addicted to ur blog still made me check on it. so my appologies :) but since i sent u those links with the amazing courtains n all that maybe u might like :)