Thursday, December 8, 2011

Latest Designs from Malaak

Friends and I were discussing the creativity of Malaak's designs last season. It was stated that the one-off of the shoulder pads and studs (worn by fashion blogger Latifa Al Shamsi and that Emirati-Egyptian chick on 20-something) was something feirce, albeit, not for us personally. Or, many body types that our minds could imagine. Like I've blogged before, Malaak is like, the Balenciaga of abayaat. This season, shoulder pads remained extreme. I like it in some of the designs though I could not wear them myself, and in others, a bad 80s powersuit flashback came to me, and also, horrifying polyester shoulder-padded jilbab monstrousities of internet purchases in the past when Islamic designers were scarce and all that was available was Jordanian granny-wear. Thankfully, Malaak is not granny wear, even for those of us who are not skilled in all trends. When I made inqueries, all designs were available without shoulder pads. So congrats to MALAAK who are now in SAKS in Dubai ;). Gorgeous display. I like this one best;) albeit, I'd order it sans shoulder pads for I am no Latifa;):

6 comments:

Oum Sanaa said...

You mean Latifa Al Shamsi...?

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Oum Sanaa: YES I so did! But it was late, and net speed was sooooo slow loading the edit post page I gave up until this morning:) thank you for reminding me.

Oum Sanaa said...

No problem, keep up the good work, i love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Lol I love your post's on me!!! I always wonder what your gonna say next!!!Constructive criticism!!! hahahhaha
Um yes you do have the option to take the abayas without shoulder pads on some designs, others I do not recommend as it would'nt have the same impact!!

Never the less since you have inquired you can pass by me when your in Dubai, would love to meet the woman behind the words!! All my love xoxoxoxo

Shalaka Walambe said...

Hi,
First of all, totally love your witty blog posts and fashion coverage! This is Shalaka from Lemuda.com- a new online luxury fashion store in the Middle East, coming soon from mid-December 2011. Lemuda will feature high-end fashion accessories and will give its customers an opportunity to build their own unique style by mixing and matching highly discounted designer products with easy-to-wear brands. Our guiding mantra is “fashion fades, style remains “, in the words of Miss Coco Chanel.
I would request you to kindly feature this exciting new shopping venture on your blog. For further reference on what this is all about,I could send across a company profile file, brief brand list and a teaser poster. Kindly let me know the email address I could send this to. We will definitely be following 'How to Live like an Omani Princess' to keep updated on all the new fun blog posts! Lemuda also has an active Facebook fan page, please visit http://www.facebook.com/lemudastyle to learn more about us and don’t forget to ‘LIKE’ our fan page. Also, it would be great if Lemuda could be featured in blog updates sent out by your blog to its readers.
For any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
Thanks & Regards,
Shalaka Walambe
Marketing & Communication
LEMUDA.COM
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
World Wide Fashion JLT | Unit No. 506, HDS Tower, Plot No. PH1-F2 | Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai -UAE
License Number: JLT-66422
Registration No.: JLT2661
T. +971 (0)4 4357244
F. +971 (0)4 4357244
e-mail shalaka@lemuda.com
Please consider the environment before printing this email

Online Shopping Store in Dubai said...

woww new fashion, i like it