Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Post with Nothing Much to Say but Today was a Beautiful Day

I simply must say, that after yesturday's crazy weather [pouring rain, and then the first sandstorm I have ever experienced this close to Muscat] and the 2 hours it took me to sweep out the sand and dust down everything, today's weather was perfect. Sunny, but not hot at all, so that I didn't even have to turn on the AC, and not a chill yet, into the evening. Just sitting out in the courtyard now, having a fresh mint tea served in a Morrocan tea glass [2.5 rials for a set of six at Homesense/Centerpoint right now], listening to the birds before the adhan sounds, the air smelling of limes and narcissus. Life is beautiful.

7 comments:

Convert_chica said...

Masha'Allah, your plants are beautiful :)

Sounds like a good day!

maioman said...

Just in case you missed this article.

http://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/Oman/Meat-in-Oman-contaminated-with-melamine-says-SQU-study/%28language%29/eng-GB


Why don't they tell us which brands are poisoning us? Would that be considered libel under Omani law? Geez.

Thanks for listening.

Andrew Brown said...

Congratulations on being featured in September's Al Mar'a Magazine (on page 74)! I just read it this morning.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Convert Chica: MashaAllah, Oman is alot greener then people out of the GCC imagine;)

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

maioman: Unless internal security were responsible for the poisoning, I don't think iot would count as libel;)

Thumbs up again SQU:D

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Andy: Wow, thank you. I still haven't seen a copy yet myself. Where I live right now they don't seem to stock the English version of magazines;)

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Andy: Wow, thank you. I still haven't seen a copy yet myself. Where I live right now they don't seem to stock the English version of magazines;)