Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I want to go to Yemen!

I asked to go to Yemen on my honeymoon. Why you might ask? Because I have always loved every single Yemeni I have ever met (beyond the qwat chewing habits of course). And Sanaa (the city) is just so gorgeous, and I am a fan of Yemeni handicrafts, and architecture (and Aden has such history). (And if I still listened to music, I loved their music).
So... INshaAllah I'll be able to go next year. It wasn't quite right to go this year. Glad the corrupt old president is gone though.

4 comments:

Boxie said...

Yemen looks like such an interesting country. It is sad that there is violence on such a scale there right now. Inshallah things will get better in time and you will be able to go.

Angry In Oman said...

I would also love to go to Yeman, it looks like a truly interesting place, shame about the political situation...and general dilike of Western people from my understanding :(

рεяfεcтℓγ▪ιмpзяfзcт said...

such a random country to want to go to XD My roots are from there and Ive never paid it any attention. The pictures are beautiful by the way very old old country.

Anonymous said...

Yemen is a beautiful country and it is unfortunate that the media always portrays the country as chaotic. Its only temporary.
www.yemeniaty.com
@yemeniaty