Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brave Expat Women Visit Morrocan Henna Artist

I love to get my henna done, don't get me wrong. I don't feel it is a brave thing to do at all, since it is so normal here. But I usually conserve it to my hands and my feet. I am not an "up the arm" or "to the knee" henna girl. For one, I don't have the patience to wait while it dries. And I don't love how it looks once it fades after a week. But many expat women I see tend to have henna tatoos on their hands (along with a perfect manicure, which I admit, I don't personally invest in).But these ladies [pictured below] are brave. A henna necklace? A henna headdress? Kudos to you for letting the Morrocan henna artist work her magic;)

6 comments:

Aliyah said...

ohhh this is too much...i even saw henna on a bald womans head :-s which i think is way too much

Umm Aaminah said...

Haha, can't help but wonder how it will look after a week when it's fading red/brown. Misakeen women, hope they knew what to expect! lol

Boxie said...

the head rest would scare me. Though i have fallen asleep with markers in my bed more then once lol. I hope she did not have a next day moment of .....oh what did i do.....

Maymunah said...

@ Boxie: I hennaed my hand and then fell asleep a few weeks ago, and pressed my hand against my face. It was dry, but it still left a perfect henna pattern. I was very glad I wear niqab.

The henna crown looks nifty, but I suspect it will look odd after a few days.

BintElOud said...

Wow those women are so brave! I wouldn't do that myself, but I have to hand it to them. They're fearless! Go ladies! :D If they got a tan and then the henna came off, it would look really cool as well. My friend did that once and it actually turned out quite nice on her, but she was spending the summer in Cyprus. LOL

Sumaya said...

Lol, I don't know, to be honest I've thought of putting a mehandi/henna pattern on my face, taking my inspiration from Star Trek :)