Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things to do to stay cool this summer: Diving in Oman

My father taught me how to snorkel when I has in kindergarten (primary). He has a passion for undersea life and this is one of the things that I am trying to use as leverage for him to come visit me here, because Oman's coastline have a wide variety of marine life, and are unspoilt as of yet (inshaAllah it stays that way). I don't have my scuba lisence, I only snorkel, and there is still so much so to see!If you don't have a Scuba lisence there are sooooooooo many (not very expensive compared to other places in the world) places in Oman to get yours, such as the Oman Dive Center just past Qantab beach in Muscat, Al Sawadi has a dive school I believe, and I head near the wave there is something for beginners. And Khasab has a world class school in Musandam Region (and I've heard the diving there is extroidinary). There's alot you are missing. For example, in Oman I swam with sharks. And so many beautiful fish types. Pretty cool story to tell my friends back home-out-of-Oman for sure. Don't let my shark story scare you. The sharks were not interested in me at all. And Oman has beautiful whale sharks;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures look amazing mashaAllah!

I have a question for you: How do you snorkel with hijab and everything? I know you can swim, dive etc but how is it hijab friendly? Is there seperate sides of the beach for male and female?

Thanks

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Anonymous May 17th, 2011: I wear abaya overtop an Islamic swimsuit. I go out in a boat and once I am in the water I either go with a women-only group, or go to an area where there are no male divers that day:)

The beaches are not seperate for men and women but there are some more family orientatede areas in Oman for sure, as well as long secluded strips of beach. In family swim areas I wear a bathrobe over my Islamic swimsuit until I get half way in to the ocean, then I throw the robe to the shore and once I am in the water jilbab isn't necessary so long as I stay immearsed, when I am ready to come out I get a friend on shore to toss me my robe so insta jilbab when I get ;)

Hope that helps;)

Anonymous said...

thank you soo much!

anon x

Umm Aaminah said...

Aaminah loves the ocean! Myself, I can take it or leave it but she is entranced by all acquatic life. Who knows, maybe she'll be a hijabified Jacques Cousteau! lol I would love to be able to take her to see water like this when she's a few years old.

Insha'allah if we go to Tunisia we'll be able to do so many different things!

Arab Loan said...

Do you need a Loan?
Are you looking for Finance?
Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
I think you have come to the right place.
We offer Loans at low interest rate.
Interested people should please contact us on,
For immediate response to your application, Kindly
Reply to us. Email arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com


LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
Interested.
1) Full Name:.........
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com