Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Post Not Really About Oman+Make Up Artists

I admire a good makeup artist, really I do. To me it is an art form, but alas whenever I have my makeup done in Oman, I end up looking like a drag queen or glittery clown. So I like to do my own makeup. With makeup really one can change their look to anything, alas everyone in Oman seems to be trying to do the exact same face even if someone's face shape (or skintone) doesn't suit that lol. Anyway, this isn't really a post to complain about that cuz I am decent at doing makeup on myself and others, but I really wanted an excuse to post makeup artist Promises' work. BTW, all the pics are of the exact same girl, posted above.Angelina Jolie Makeup.Kim Kardashian makeup.Scarlet Johansen makeup.Jennifer Lopez makeup.Taylor Swift makeup.Belle from "Beauty & the Beast" makeupPochahontas makeup2 other makeup looks
and of course every makeup artist has to try their hand at Marilyn Munroe.

13 comments:

I'm Farsilla said...

awwww its promise tamang!!!!she's so talented. have u seen her MJ's make up!! she does look like mj right. really gifted :D

Silla

Rawiyah said...

I am ASTOUNDED! Wow! Question: How in the world does she make her lips look that much fuller? Surely lip-liner can't work wonders to that extent? And the jolie make-up? That's amazing!

Boxie said...

Mashallah that is wow. Its hard to believe it is the same girl.

♡ αmαℓ said...

I love Promise! Her Princess Jasmine makeup was soo good...

hijabi said...

Amazing!

Mimi said...

Great post!!!

<3

♥ααℓiα♥ said...

OMG wooooooow I looooooove it!!!! I never seen or heard of this makeup artist but she has ahhhhmazing talent!! *goes off to find her Youtube channel*

Nil said...

i like it
all of them!
super cool

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Silla: She is great at full transformations and her youtube videos are very clear.

Rawiyah: Promise's natural lips are quite full, but yep, two shades of lipliner, 1 lipstick, and 1 quality gloss and that's how she gets them. She lists her cosmetics for each transformation at the end of the vids.

Boxie: I bet A loves her;)

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Amal: I like her little sis' Jasmine makeup more. But she is the better artist in general.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Hijabi: I know.

Mimi: Thanks;)

Aalia: just search Promise Phan.

Anon (who said the videos looks airbrushed): not fake, they are screen shots from how-to youtube vids that's why;)

Nil: Me too.

1RockHardPlace said...

I went from meteorites to here somehow and I must say... Good Morning! I am blown away. Artist indeed! From the makeup to the modeling to the photography! Nailed it again and again. Seriously refreshing "eye opener" for this morning. I spent a few years in Hollywood/LA working as a union extra or "background actor" on so many of the popular television series and feature films of the day. I've spent a bit of time in makeup myself. I'm a guy btw and not gay... was looking at lunar meteorites I swear. LOL!

Tanesha-Marie said...

Wow some great make-up looks, they are fantastic :)

Tanesha x
www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk