Friday, May 13, 2011

Ethnic Cleansing in Bahrain

All it takes for the world to go wrong is for a good man to do nothing.

What can I do? Not much from Oman I can tell you that. But I can share this with you.

SUNNI witnesses, from Canadian Sunni students in Bahrain, and others (who ARE NOT SHIA so have NO reason to make this up) state that there is a policy OF ETHNIC CLEANSING OF SHIAs going on in Bahrain by the Bahraini Government with of course the help of Saudi Arabia, and the U.S government knows all about but does nothing, because you know, to weaken Shias in the GCC, is to weaken Iran.

Muslims back in the West we've been sharing this with go, well the Shias have been making problems there.

Guys, these are SUNNI Muslims REPORTING THE acts of killing. What 12 year old Shia girl who was taken off her school bus had anything to do against the government? Why are families being taken form their homes that had nothing to do with the protests?

I am Sunni BTW, saying this. Some say blame the Salafi and Wahabi extremists. Well, I am a follower of the writings of Abdul Wahab and I can tell you... not only would I never ever say this was okay, but I can't...even... begin... to understand it. Just the thought of it left me crying so hard last night but blogger would not post. This is not Islamic extremism btw. It is political ethnic cleansing.

The news says the bloodshed is over. It's not. The news lies.

Bloggers who wrote about it were arrested, University Professors, and Sunni sheikhs who were against it and knew the truth, that is has nothing to do with our religion, are in jail or disapeared.

Please, please this is the truth. It is going on. Somebody help these people. Someone tell Bahrain to stop. I can't imagine if it was my family they were marching off in a mob to go kill and no one would do anything or even say anything because I was a "sunni". The fact that someone is a "shia" or anything else for that matter, is not enough to justify their bloodshed.

God guide your Muslims, for they are divided on the grounds of Nationalism to not even realize that this has nothing to do with You, Allah, at all, but is all about power and control of land & resources and means of controlling history through media to make their own existance excusable(by that last I meant KSA's monarchy as the 'guardians' of Mecca).

Non-Muslims will probably ask me, how can there be a God who lets this happen to His people?

Romeo Dallarie, the UN Commander for the Mission during the 1994 Rwandan Genocide, was asked how he could believe in God still, after having seen what he witnessed in Rwanda. Mr. Dallaire, one of my heroes who stayed to do what he could while the world watched and did nothing, said simply: "I know there is a God, because in Rwanda, I shook hands with the Devil."

Anyone in Bahrain. Allah/God has no wish for mankind to kill eachother in His name. If both sides are claiming God is on their side and they are killing eachother, it isn't God that they are fighting for, but Shaytaan/the Devil.

I wish I could do more. This breaks my heart into pieces. I can never, never, ever understand how men can do this to one another. All I can do I guess, is to teach my children not to hate, and how the world goes wrong, if a good person does nothing, says nothing.

Please get the word out: STOP ETHNIC CLEANSING IN BAHRAIN.

9 comments:

♥hind♥ said...

asalam alaikum

very interesting post.. thanx for sharing.

Stylish Muslimah said...

Salaam, thanks for sharing. It's pretty sick what's going on.. I've reposted on my blog with a link back.
Wassalaam

Anonymous said...

It's very sad and heart breaking that someone would even consider the fact that there is ethnic cleansing in Bahrain. There is no ethnic cleansing and i suggest you get your facts straight before writing such rubbish. Bahrainis are the nicest people you would ever meet, and we would NEVER agree to "ETHNIC CLEANSING".
Traitors who made us live in fear for almost a month, taking over the most lively district in our country, forcing people to not go to work or school THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED. Or should we welcome them with open arms? You know the people who wanted to hand us over to Iran? We should host a big feast and give them warm hugs and kisses.
In our "Distoor" the one 98% of the Bahraini population agreed on it clearly states that anyone who tries to overthrow the ruling family is beheaded. So dont come here and start talking about ethnic cleansing. We want justice. And you have really crossed the line.

Andrew Brown said...

Just a quick comment to say how pleased I was to see the name of Roméo Dallaire posted here. He was my commandant during my 5-year military training just outside Montreal, Quebec. A real leader! Thanks for the memories and kind words about a true hero.

Kerfuffly said...

Kudos to you. I've been reading (lurking) around your blog for quite sometime - but this post has made me comment. Not only should this post be highlighted - it hast to be spread all around. Link and re-link people.

And what is even more sad is that whilst various countries might have economic reasons to look the other way - seemingly daring news/media sources are also ignoring the Bahrain matter. Most prominent being Al-Jazeera. Fearless reporting in Israel, Palestine, Egyp.. and dumb silence in Bahrain! Why? Money? Is it SO scarce nowadays? or something else? Who are these goddamn powers that can silence anyone at a whim. May Allah destroy the oppressors.


-Kerfuffly

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Stylish Muslimah: So sick. Disgusting.

Andy: I love Mr. Dallaire and have always admired him for his courage and what TRUE honour.

Anonymous: Why don't you get out on the street and get your facts straight? I have mine from people who hate hate Iran, some who even hate Shiaism, but of course, have it against people murdering whole families and 12 year old girls. You can't say every Bahraini shia in Bahrain wants to become Irani. If you are getting UR news from UR government or KSA< I suggest you go and see with your own eyes what is going on. OPEN THEM.

The majority of the German population under Hitler agreed on killing the Jews, Slavs, and Gypsies but that doesn't make it right or ISlamic. The majority of Rwandans agreed with massacring the Tutsis during the madness of 1994 genocide. That's how ETHNIC CLEANSING HAPPENS!

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Kerfluffy: Lke my anon commentator, very few can speak on what is happening unless they are on the streets because major media is not there. Friends and aquaintances on the streets or near all the action said foriegn media are being controlled or removed so I can't blame them too much I guess.

I love Bahrainis. I think they ARE one of the nicest people in the Gulf. But this is injustice and a war crime and I can't be silent.

I don't get how people like anonymous will likely say Israel killed some kdis (which Israel likely said were terrorists, but that WOULD BE A WAR CRIME, you know, because it was Israel killing children, but anyone killed by the Bahraini gov's clean up (even 12 yr old school girls!) MUST deserve to be punished with murder. Awesome. God guide mankind.

hijabi said...

Thank you for posting this. May Allah SWT protect the innocent brothers/sisters that are oppressed.

ellen557 said...

Thank you for posting. One of my Bahraini friends (female) was holed up for days with her entire family in the house with no food or water, because if they stepped outside the snipers would shoot. At women!!! SubhanaAllah. The anon poster above is right in that Bahraini people are friendly, yes, but come on - they were exercising their human right to protest against discrimination and look at what happened, astagfirAllah.