Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Watching TV in Oman at 3 am- in pictures

I haven't posted in a bit because I have been kind of ill. And there is only one OPNO girl in Oman right now, the rest are outta country studying or working alas. Sorry. Due to my illness I have been watching alot of tv/or reading. But really, my remote control sucks, and they turned Fox Series into a dubbed Arabic version of everything I used to watch. It should be easy to go to English on the Audio options on the remote, but my remote doesn't seem to have audio options, alas. You try watching "Glee" in an Egyptian accent. Really, really hurts. So I guess I still have MBC action, and Dubai One, and the English Islamic chanel Huda, but everything else is in Arabic for me, or some slasher/and/or alien movie. And at 3 am, after you've slept the whole day from being sick, your TV options in Oman are really, really limited, to men screaming Arabic poetry at racing camels......Some English movie that has played six times already in the last 2 days, and random browsing. I have taken to playing with my camera phone out of sheer boredom, photographing anything from Arabic music channels (I like this chick's makeup- and her swimming pool): To period soap operas (yep) that I do not have the language skills to understand (but I do have the experience in Arab culture to get the cultural things I see):Example above: early AC.Bridal gold. A traditional wedding ceremony. Old oven.
And Arabic nature documentaries: TV in Oman at 3 am. As brought to you by OPNO. This post could have been funny but I have no wit when I feel sick.

10 comments:

♥hind♥ said...

I♥Oman TV just from the pictures...

Umm Aaminah said...

Oh sis. It was funny without trying, just from the pics. :-) Insha'Allah you will feel better soon...

Ma salaama...

Anonymous said...

" It should be easy to go to English on the Audio options on the remote, but my remote doesn't seem to have audio options, alas."

Same situation :)

Muscat Mitchells said...

Ah missed you!!!! Insha'allah, get well soon!
I wish I could do my make-up like that! I look like I haven't slept for a week when I try to apply it!

Boxie said...

Inshallah get better soon. Not fox series 0_0. Haha Oh gosh the Arabic Poetry camels channel, Remember the night I stayed up and counted how many I had lol. To funny. I remember they played brave hart over and over and over and over again one month. Feel better soon!

♥ααℓiα♥ said...

Salaam Pixie,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, Allah yeshfeech ameen.

I liked the pictures but the current trend of that abaya in the first pic is all over Abu Dhabi and I CAN'T STAND IT LoL!! It looks weird and the closest thing I would get to wearing that style is the cute "Grecian/Das" look that you showed on the ILH Blog, otherwise it's the usual A-Cut's for me :-D

hijabi said...

May Allah bless you with health get well soon.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

hind: really?

Um aaminah: thank you sis.

anon: glad to hear I am not alone. At first I thought I was inept but then I realized...

Muscat Mitchells: It is easy if you know the steps. They key is the shape of the eyeshadow, and drawing the liner outside a little of the eye at the corner. Um, I'll try to find a good tutorial. Also, try colours other than black to start as black smudges really easily.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Boxie: I have Braveheart on DVD. I tend to buy DVDs alot now.

Aalia: Wa alaykom e salaam! Hope you are well. I am sick but happy;p

I kind of like it on me. I am size zero you know so it works, but it does look funny on alot of women I've seen it on.

Hijabi: jazzakallahkheir sis.

Muscat Mitchells said...

That would be great, thank you! Who'd have thought a post on watching being ill and watching Omani TV at 3am would lead to a make-up lesson!