Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fashion Shoot in Mutrah, Oman... for Dars Dibaj

It makes me smile to see these picks because Mutrah is like a second home to me. When I first moved back to Oman I lived here. I think I know of only one other expat who does, and she is french and designs the Taali Oman label.
Dibaj's jalabiyias, abayaat, and caftans perfectly suit the Mutrah vibe.
Makes me smile to know that I know all the shops, and which shop keepers are naughty and nice to tourists.
Hope you enjoyed. Now you can all daydream of a trip to Oman.

4 comments:

Umm Aaminah said...

I love the look of that market!!! The funky vibe, the eclectic styles...

But I am surprised (though probably shouldn't be) that a beautiful model is posing so seductively in a public place. Can you say fitnah? Yeah brothers should avert their gaze but come on, she's really attractive! :-)

Boxie said...

Oh I miss Mutrah so much now.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Umm Aaminah: it is a pretty awesome shop.

LOL. I don't think she is posed seductively at all, but she isn't wearing hijab. I think it is just because she is beautiful and they wanted the men from the shops to fill the souq because they had to empty it of shoppers for the shoot. it is against the law to take pics of women shoppers without their permission in Oman. Also, tourist come through here in short shorts sometimes and tight t-shirts so she'd modestly dressed for an expat.:D

Boxie: come then

Muscat Mitchells said...

Tell me the naughty and nice shopkeepers please!
I have 2 nice shopkeepers I know but I need to be braver and venture into other places.

Good to have you back!!