Monday, November 8, 2010

I thought pink bathroom tiles and fixtures were a thing of 1950s NA, but apparently bad taste in interior design carries to Oman

One thing about my new house that I am in hate with. The bathroom is tiled pink. I am not really a into girly interior design. I am a more-masculine interior type, so I am going to have to work this somehow. Thinking, thinking.... I could of course go out all glammy sassy girly English rose:But well, that is my OLD life. And below is toooooooo Arabic Barbie/I Dream of Jeanie for me:Though those are some pretty cute towels, but this is more my thing:
So I will see what I can do.

9 comments:

Boxie said...

lol, you remember my bathroom right... Purple! what about paining it with light blues and yellows, kinda like spring but faded?

riviera life said...

nice post, I also prefer more of the latter two options.
But let me understand, you have a lack of interior designer??

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Boxie: Sounds like easter eggs:)

My bathroom is REALLY a pink version of yours.

Riviera Life: No, I just don't have the funds to renovate, just dedecorate at the moment.

Boxie said...

O_O dear God that is bad, ya I was thinking Easter egg when I wrote that. looking forward to see how you change it.

Anonymous said...

Add some greys to neutralize the pinks ;))) sf

Anonymous said...

Are the tiles in the first photo the tiles in your bathroom? They're really pretty, not 1950's style at all. I thought 'Moroccan shabby chic' - gorgeous! I'm thinking white Moroccan-inspired theme with accents of the pink and blue. White Moroccan lanterns, antiqued silver mirror...

I have an unrenovated bathroom with a cornflower blue colour scheme. With all white accessories it makes it look passable.

~Aliyah

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Sf: I was thinking that, and off whites, some brasses, and some silvers.

Aliyah: Some of them, yes, and those are lovely, but most of them are not. And the fixtures, I mean the sink and toilet, and PINK, lol, like pepto bismal.

Boxie said...

ah pepto, lol

bathroom tiles said...

Super cute sassy design plus those cute little pillows beside the sink. My little princess will surely love to have this design.