Friday, November 26, 2010

The Horses of Oman

If you have NEVER seen an equestrian event in Oman, it is TOTALLY something I recommend you see. On Al Athaiba, on 18th November street, on the side of the road opposite the Chedi (a bit farther down) driving towards Sultan center is the Camel Racing Federation and Equestrian Club building, which keeps an accurate schedule of events.
Definately worth seeing. Once upon a time Oman was one of the most famous places in the world for breeding the best horses, like in Sharqiyah. Such beautiful horses, mashaAllah.

6 comments:

Boxie said...

wow mushallah so nice :). I wona ride a horse now.

Muscat Mitchells said...

Ah THANK YOU! I was wondering where I can find out when and where the horse events take place.

The Royal Cavalry Horse Show yesterday was stunning, LOVED it! So I am really keen to see more! My daughter wants to be one of the female jockeys!

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Boxie: we will, we will beg R & K.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Muscat Mitchells: Oooooooh I am so glad to hear it was good.

I love the female jockeys too. My lil sis wanted to be the same, especially glam when being in traditional Omani dress, all jeweltoned silks lol.

I wanted to be a trampeze artist or the tightrope girl. One good fall changed my aspriations ha ha ha.

Camel Racing in Oman said...

Camel racing used to be my preference - but I dont like the robots - a bit spooky
so now its the horses

Anonymous said...

when is the next camel race?