Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Daily Diary: The Royal Horse Show

Omigosh, omigosh, I am soooooooooooo excited. Dec. 1 st at 8 pm is the Royal Horse Show in Al Seeb [oops, for some reason I wrote Wattiyah before dummy me!]. Which, I mean, would have actually been the opposite of "yay!!!!" for me, since I did not win the seat tickets members of the commonwealth are eligible for. I hope I have better luck at Muscat Mutterings Bryan Adams draw.

But luck of all luck, a member of my adopted tribe happened to have been given tickets to all events and was like, I am thinking I cannot stand to be near crowds and go to all of them...

And OPNO is like: "I've seen His Majesty and the Queen AND her mother, and really I don't care. But I LOVE horses, and LOVE the royal horse show. I KNOW those horses by name. I remember when SOMEBODY accidently let them escape. If you find it in your heart to let me...."
And I was given the ticket. And not just any old ticket, a VIP one in some box area.

Alhamdulilah.

BTW, the highway is closing now, as of 4pm I imagine for Queen Elizabeth and Sultan Qaboos.

7 comments:

Lamya said...

mushallah. Inshallah you enjoy the show.

Muscat Mitchells said...

AAAH! Good for you! Enjoy! I'll be thinking of you when I go to the one on the 27th!

nina said...

assalaamu aleykum sisters! this comment is not related to this post but i need some advice and i hope you or anybody else can help me. i am travellin to UAE soon inshallah and i wish to travel with niqab. i am wondering how is it like to travel with niqab to gulf? like is there some women passport officers (i know i might have to lift my niqab to male officer in my home country). i know my question might seem silly since i dont normally wear niqab but to this trip i wish to as i have the chance.
i would also like to hear your experiences about travelling to UAE or gulf in general. Jazahkallah khayr!

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Lamya: I will I will I will!!!!!!!!!! SO oooooooooooooo beyond awesome. LOL.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Muscat Mitchells: Let me know how amazing it is:)

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Nina: UAE had male border guards when I was there, same with Oman for visas. but in Islam it is allowed to lift the niqab for identification purpose for legalities so that shouldn't hinder you wearing niqab.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

and wa alaykom e salaam.