Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We do NOT go naked under the abaya!!!!

We do not go naked under our black abayas!!!! Abayas are only worn over our clothes, to make dressing modestly easy. So what are my Muscati and Dubai girls wearing under their [rather trendy] "black sheets" this season?: Well, seems leggings are big.
Jean print leggings (so cute huh Umm Khaled [who talked me into buying three pairs before we left Canada])... High waist jeans:Harem pants:
Bright coloured bags...
So you expected Omani and Emirati traditional dress? Dream on, it is rare in the cities;D
Unless, of course, you run into someone's grandmother, or me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a waste !!! (all those clothing under the black sheet)
Bare minimum (i.e. undies)would have been more appropriate & cost effective !!

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Anon: You are probably a perv and that's why I didn't post head snaps.

I joke about the black sheet. We love our abayas and our porud of them. Some of them cost more than your car:p

Grrrrrr.

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

No offense.

Umm Kadhim said...

I wear leggings, harempants or just a dress under it. The abaya is indeed our litle black dress! Every muslimwoman should have at least 1 in her closet!

Boxie said...

For me its leggings in the hot weather and jeans n the cold. I dislike harem pants under abaya cuz I always get tangled up. Do you find that a problem?

Diamond Girl said...

As a new muslima, still struggling to find her style, I am really loving the abaya, especially the more modern and elegant looking ones. I personally love all the styles featured here, and will be borrowing from them. The abaya is just so easy, a total no brainer for a muslim woman who wants to first please Allah and look modest, and still look chic....thanks!

Radeyah راضية said...

ohh thats the same as us london girls :)i like it, trendy!

xoxo

Omani Princess (not Omani LOL) said...

Umm Kadhim: LBD. A wardrobe staple.

Boxie: Nope, harem pants don't get tangled on me.

Diamond Girl: I am always happy when you comment. You remind me of somebody I used to know a little.

Radeyah: UK is always so stylish.