Monday, May 24, 2010

I wanna go skating.... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I want to go iceskating, but you don't understand, no one will go with me. Waaaaaaaaaaaa! None of my Omani friends can skate (and very few of the non-Omani expat ones I know can either). Ahhh, I'll have to settle for hosting a tourist then. The place gets busy with tweens after 6:00 pm, and there are some events I promise I will one day check out (hokcey, figure skating...) but I just haven't gotten around to it because... no one I know likes ice. And I went by myself once before... and the image below represents what followed.
Sooooo.... G&S, PLEASE let me teach you!!!!!!!!!

The only ice rink that I know of in Muscat is in Al Khuwair- Al Khuwair Center Ice Rink. It's near the Zawawi Mosque, Al Kuwair, Muscat (if you're taking a taxi that should be enough directions to get you there). The phone number last I checked was (00968) 24 489 492 .

For now, I have my rollarblades, I guess. Maybe. If no one threw them out. But 50 degree weather kinda sucks for rollarblading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Princess,
I have an application that will include all the rinks in the Middle East and Asia.

Would be most helpful if you could submit the actual address for the rink so that the maps and directions will work. its called RosterZ Hockey.

http://apps.facebook.com/rosterz/

Maybe RosterZ Hockey can help you to get together a few more skaters in Muscat ;)

thanks,
R